Psychological/Behaviour Support service
As part of providing a Psychological/Behaviour Support service to you, Jodie Logan Behaviour Support and Therapeutic Services needs to collect and record personal information from you that is relevant to your situation, such as your name, contact information, medical history, and other relevant information as part of providing Psychological/Behaviour Support services to you.
This collection of personal information will be a necessary part of the Psychological/Behaviour Support assessment and treatment that is conducted.
Authority to collect, hold, use, and disclose participant information
Purpose of collecting and holding information
Personal information collection, holding, use and disclosure of personal information by this organisation is protected by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Cth) (Privacy Act). Personal information is any information or an opinion that identifies you or could identify you and includes information about your health.
The purpose for collecting personal information from you is to:
- provide services, including planning, coordinating, funding, implementing, monitoring, and reviewing our services
- report to NDIS, government or other funding bodies of how funding is serviced by us,
- responding to your feedbacks, and
- responding to your queries.
*Please note that we are required to release information about service users (without identifying you by full name or address) to the Disability Services Commission and the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare to ensure statistics about disability services and their participants to be compiled. The information will be kept confidential. This information is used for statistical purposes only and will not be used to affect your entitlements or your access to services. As a user of National Disability Agreement services, you have the right to access your own files and to update or correct information included in the Disability Services National Minimum Data Set collection.
This organisation will not disclose/use information about you for any secondary purpose unless:
- You have consented to the use or disclosure; or
- You would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for the secondary purpose
as it is directly related to the primary purpose; or
- The use or disclosure of the information is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order; or
- Our organisation reasonably believes the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious threat to life, health or safety of an individual or to public health and safety; or
- Our Organisation has reason to suspect an individual may have done something unlawful or engaged in serious misconduct that relates to organisational functions or activities;
- Our organisation reasonably believes that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist another person to locate a person reported as missing.
Consequence of not providing personal information
Access to client information
At any stage you are entitled to access your personal information kept on file, subject to exceptions in the relevant legislation. The Psychologist/Behaviour Support Practitioner may discuss with you different possible forms of access.
Disclosure of personal information
All personal information gathered by the Psychologist/Behaviour Support Practitioner during the provision of the Psychological/Behaviour Support services will remain confidential except when:
- . it is subpoenaed by a court, or disclosure is otherwise required or authorised by law; or
- failure to disclose the information would in the reasonable belief of Jodie Logan Behaviour Support and Therapeutic Services would place you or another person at serious risk to life, health or safety; or
- your prior approval has been obtained to
- provide a written report to another professional or agency. e.g., a GP or a lawyer; or
- discuss the material with another person, e.g., a parent, employer, health provider or thirdparty funder; or
- disclose the information in another way; or
- disclose to another professional or agency (e.g., your GP) and disclosure of your personal
information to that third party is for a purpose which is directly related to the primary purpose
for which your personal information was collected.
Your personal information is not disclosed to overseas recipients, unless you consent, or such disclosure is otherwise required by law. Your personal information will not be used, sold, rented, or disclosed for any other purpose.
If unauthorised access, disclosure or loss of a client’s personal information occurs, Jodie Logan Behaviour Support and Therapeutic Services will activate its data breach plan and use all reasonable endeavours to minimise any risk of consequential serious harm.
Speak with one of our friendly team members.
To make a referral, get in touch with our friendly team. We’re here to answer
any of your questions and help you get started.